I've got high hopes for sewing this fall:
1810s working class ensemble: I'm very happy to report that I've made great progress and just have the following left to finish, so expect some pictures soon.
- 2 muslin shifts
another shortgown checked cotton apron
- striped linen apron (may hold off on)
|The early nineteenth-century maid, pencil drawing by William Brocas c.1800|
National Library of Ireland.
(Image via: https://countryhousereader.wordpress.com/2012/05/05/country-house-amenities-part-iv-cleaning/)
Alice in Steampunkland:
- fancy drawers
- petticoat with tucks and ruffles (started)
- corded petticoat (started)
- dress with bustle bow
|Take a look at this fabulous Alice cosplay!|
(Image via: http://melindascostumes.wordpress.com/2012/01/17/alice-in-wonderland/)
- apron with applique designs
(Image via: http://www.pinterest.com/pin/404409241512819346/)
- accessories (how cute would a tea cup fascinator with a little "drink me" sign be!)
1850s undergarments: I would really like to have these finished by October 17th as I've been asked to be a part of Penfield's annual ghostwalk again AND in time for Yuletide at the village.
- 2 more chemises (cut out)
- 2 more pairs of drawers (still waiting on waistbands)
- a pair of flannel drawers - cause it's cold in Rochester!
- modesty petticoat
- corded petticoat
- tucked petticoat or two
Wish me luck & happy sewing!