December 15, 2014

A Little Bit o' This

Hello blogging world, I'm back from a brief, unannounced hiatus & Christmas present shopping!  Life got a little chaotic as it is a terrible habit of mine to take on much more than healthy to manage.  So, let's just say, I am definitely looking forward to things slowing down a little and spending quality time with family & friends over the holidays!

The first item on the agenda tonight is to lay out blogging plans for the rest of the year:  I would really like to recap all of my past projects from high school and my previous blog, while I catch up on my winter sewing list.  One of my personal goals for blogging here is to measure and reflect upon my growth as a seamstress.  To do so, I think it is necessary to show where I started, with those early theater costumes *cringes*, and my progress since.  That said, there probably will not be any current project posts until the new year as I highlight past projects from both junior and senior year.

The next item of the agenda is to give a little sales pitch for the last weekend, December 19th through the 21st, of Yuletide Tours at the Genesee Country Village & Museum!  The date is 1849, and Christmas has just been declared a holiday.  If you're in the area, make sure to book your reservations as soon as possible; you won't want to miss out on this yearly tradition!  (Plus, you get to see yours truly acting, rather than behind the scenes for a change.  I buy a bunch of things, spend all of my husband's money...it's a lot of fun!)  Hope to see you there!

Christmas is Good for Business in the Altay Store.
Photographer:  Ruby Foote
(via: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152925421256000.1073741856.93582675999&type=3)

Moving onto one of the major reasons for my recent absence...it's college finals time!  While I didn't actually have any final test per se for the Experienced Based Learning 101 (credit for my costuming internship through Monroe Community College), I sure struggled with the final reflection paper!  Writing the reflection was one of the hardest tasks I've faced because it would be just impossible to talk about all that I learned from the past five months.  Without a doubt, the experience I came away with could not be found in a traditional classroom and has truly left me with a clearer path for the future.  I spent the last two weeks writing and rewriting the paper to condense it into the allowed ten pages that would both meet my professor's expectations and, hopefully, convey just how much this internship has meant to me.  

All in all, from July 3rd to December 13th, that was 36 pages of day to day experiences, nearly 270 onsite hours, and 10 pages of reflection!  Wow.  It was such a relieving feeling to finally hit the "send" button for the email, I immediately went out and, after printing copies of the reflection for costuming, had all 45 pages printed and spiral bound for a keepsake.  

Now, for the final question tonight: since the credit part of the internship is finished, would any of you like me to continue posting weekly internship entries?  If not, I will plan on just posting little blurbs at the top of sewing posts.  Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for A Little Bit o' That to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We ❤︎ Our Patrons

Like what you see here, and want to support future blogging and educational programming? Consider becoming a Patron - click on the button below to unlock exclusive contents, bonus blog posts, and more! Every contribution makes a big difference, thank you!