July 27, 2024

Celebrating 10 Years as the Sewphisticate!

I really cannot believe this...but today, we're celebrating 10 years as the Sewphisticate!


That’s right, 10 years ago to this date: July 27, we hit publish for the first time on our blog, and the "young sewphisticate" was e-born!  Over the years, we've expanded and, for the most part, migrated over to newer platforms, including: Facebook, Instagram, Patreon, and TikTok under (mostly) the same name @youngsewphisticate.  However, no matter how long the absence, I've always managed to return to my roots, here, on this blog: 


In looking back on a decade of digital creation - the countless hours of sewing, research, writing, and photo-editing - I still feel like that little fish swimming in the vast ocean: maybe a little lost (especially to the popular trends), or scared to be out there so publicly and online, but no less determined with the limitless possibilities and opportunities waiting to be explored.  

Speaking of new opportunities, I finally announced a change that I've been needing to do for a long time - updating all of my social media handles to @TheSewphisticate!


Please note: the majority of our platforms have already been updated, and Instagram will follow in the next day(s).  Many thanks for your patience as we complete the transition! 

Having a consistent username will not only make it easier to find and follow all of our accounts, but will also allow them to evolve with me - as I am really not all that "young" anymore, haha!  In the last decade, this blog has chronicled my attending four, different colleges; earning two degrees and a certificate; living in three states; working for 10 years at a large living history site, and now for the National Park Service.  We've published articles; spoken at conferences; traveled all over New York State and the East Coast giving presentations on historical clothing and Chinese American history; and goodness knows I've lost count of how many costumes I've made.  Never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined all of this possible - and who knows what the next 10 years will bring!  


I am truly in awe of the community we have built together!  To all of the people I have met, online and in-person, over the years; and to those I am so blessed to call friends and family - thank you!  To everyone who has and continues to show your support through viewing and interacting with my content; attending my virtual and in-person presentations; and welcoming me into your historical circles, homes (via technology of choice), and hearts - you have my endless gratitude.  And finally, to my very generous Patreon patrons - you make all the difference and help keep me sewing! 

Thank you for 10 amazing years, and to many more as your Sewphisticate!❤️

1 comment:

We ❤︎ Our Patrons

Like what you see here, and want to support future blogging and educational programming? Consider becoming a Patron - click on the button below to unlock exclusive content, bonus blog posts, and more! Every contribution makes a big difference, thank you!