Ages ago in 2016 (can it really have been three years now?!), I made a first attempt at child-sized outerwear. See the blog post, here: A Little Sacque for a Little Gent. Since then, I've wanted to make another, better-fitting sacque coat, and have high hopes that this one will. Liz sent me the navy wool to use for the outer fashion fabric, and a soft, grey cotton flannel for the inner lining. I felt the coat still needed something to tie the colors together, so I found a length of a large checkered silk taffeta to use for the binding.
|Materials: navy wool fashion fabric, grey cotton flannel for lining,|
and silk taffeta for bias binding
|CDV of a boy in suit with a dark cap.|
Image via: Ebay
|Image via: Pinterest|
|Image via: Antique Photo Album Galleries, 52|
|Binding detail - bias cutting is so satisfying!|
As in the first post, Teddy was more than happy to model. Might be a little big on him this time around...